Sunday, June 23, 2013

Too Marvelous for Words

Recently, me and the other participants found out where we were going to be placed for the Language School portion of the program. Let's take it a step back though.


As part of the conditions of the program, we are placed in a German town/city for 2 months of intensive language courses (August - September) at the Carl Duisberg Training CenterLanguage school will take place in either 3 of the following German cities: Köln (pronounced "Cologne"), Radolfzell, or Saarbrücken. Afterwards we are later relocated for the 4 month university phase and 5 month internship portion.


As fate would have had it, I was placed in Radolfzell!!!


Radolfzell, fully known as Radolfzell am Bodensee, is an incredibly beautiful town located in the southern German state of Baden-Württemberg right on Lake Konstanz (Constance), and VERY close to the Swiss Alps. Since it is located so far South my neighboring countries are Austria, Switzerland, and France.
Here's a pic of Lake Konstanz (Constance). You see those mountains off into the distance? Yeah, that's basically Switzerland. Beautiful isn't it?


I cannot WAIT to start this adventure. I'm somewhat nervous about the challenges I will soon face. I read that we will be covering a lot of lessons in our 8-weeks there. 30 lessons a week with a LOT of verbal interaction between students & tutors, but I suppose it's all apart of the journey. I can't forget my main purpose which is to immerse myself in the culture of the Germans. 

I think this deserves an around the world and back SNAP.



That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Again! So excited for you!! What an opportunity! Seeing the world is the BEST education anyone can have!

    The "In Living Color" snaps are killing me! Lmafo

    Brooks

    ReplyDelete

Living in Europe can be expensive!