Friday, June 21, 2013

There's Always Money In The Banana Stand

Just when I think funds were looking low for the upcoming year, I receive word that I'm a recipient of the Society of American Military Engineers Scholarship! There was an Awards Ceremony in my honor as well as a luncheon at a Holiday Inn in Huntsville. The luncheon was really amazing, a wide variety of military personnel, members of the organization were there. This luncheon also incorporated the organization's monthly meeting, as well as a mini Science Fair. Participants from various grades (6th-11th grade) presented their findings, and I have to say they AMAZED me. These kids were all home-schooled and presented projects that were on the level of college Juniors & Seniors at best.

I applied for the scholarship back in early May then received word the beginning of June that I was a winner! And to think.... I almost forgot to mail it in! Similar to how Gob Bluth "forgot" to mail in that insurance check.




More like $1500! 

The scholarship chair informed me that I could do anything I saw fit with the scholarship. Since I'm still waiting to hear back from financial aid at AAMU about how my classes in the U.S. will be handled... I will nonetheless be doing my best to apply this award towards travel throughout Europe!

2 comments:

  1. So your real name is Kwasis? It sounds so different and more like a ghanaian (african) name. (No offence intended.)
    Do you by any chance know what your beautiful name means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Ghanian, my dad is from Ghana and it means "Born on Sunday". Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Living in Europe can be expensive!